Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Brain Space

When I start to think about spaces for dance, like the upcoming tented wedding at my parents' house, I can just feel the right side of my brain trying to engage. But it has to wait for the left side to get the work done. How big will the dance floor be? Are you going to be able to move enough stuff out of your mother's junk rooms to make people comfortable?
Now I wonder about the right and left sides of my body, controlled by those opposite hemispheres of the brain. The left side of my back is weak, according to two chiropractors. Debra Babcock got my left shoulder nice, but it took six months, so I went to Lisa Esperson yesterday for my left knee. The good news is it isn't the meniscus.
I am to go for long walks with comfortable strides. It's raining, so I'll try some back exercises from my Pilates book.

No comments: