Sunday, August 23, 2009

Choreography Project

Eveline's summer show featured local professionals and summer residents - college students majoring in dance, so there were some excellent dancers, and since nobody did any ballet, I enjoyed the modern dance in the easy going atmosphere.
Two rows of chairs lined two walls of the beautiful studio space. In front of me, a little girl looked at everything. I counted 10 to one ratio of women to men, about the same as the dancers. A comment by an audience member highlighted the trend, "It's so nice to see some Men dncing!"
The men were good, especially the one who studies at the Merce Cunningham school, but I get to see men dance all the time. The nature of my dance form is that they do, and here on Cape Cod, we have such a small singles population that we don't get crowds of women like they do at the studios in the cities.

No comments: