Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fridays and Saturdays

I'm getting more calls for weekend classes. As part-time as my job as dance teacher is, as small as the window is for some people to take classes, I still need to keep part of the weekend for my husband.
That said, Friday's class with the the teens was great. Last night, Saturday, I taught another small group of Cape weekend residents, a variation on the summer residents - their house in the country is an hour or so away from their professional life in the city. One or both do the commute or stay over.
Then, out for a drink with Joe, he started talking tennis, so I drifted over to see who those former students were. Turned out they were from the last regular Friday class and talked about coming back. She claimed not to know about the First Saturdays. He had always been oblivious, happy to be back-led, letting her take charge. My version of how couples dancing works doesn't work so well with that dynamic.

No comments: