Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day of Portugal

The dinner dance at the local club went very well - better than expected, but that's how it goes if you don't expect much. Pro-mix does a good job with the beat, and the little Portuguese Polka/Two-step was very much in evidence (quick, quick, slow). We tried to waltz, but it was very much a Viennese. The floor is still too small for a real Waltz anyway.
I'm still working on moving the construction along.
The Ellisons, veterans of dancing every night in Arizona, always have a good time there. Gus and Zelda, recent immigrants, look great.
Now that I'm a member I know even more of the people there - not as many as Joe who works in the trades. My pal is the retired banker who can talk on the phone.
Every event has a different volunteer chef. This time Lucy was in charge of the kitchen so the Bacalao was delectable, with just the bit of salted cod for flavor - caciola and roasted chicken also great, bread very fresh. Salad was only disappointing because I'm eating my own lettuce every day. An exotic dessert was a little custardy pie with cinnamon.
To get our 501(c)3 designation back, how about Portuguese Cooking classes?

No comments: