Thursday, December 12, 2013

Several classes in my development program:
Laughter Yoga was improved since they have got some leaders in training in the group - nice to have people with good ideas. Rec Center 9:30 Mondays
"Strength, Balance and Flexibility" with Amy Sellars was a nice, well attended work-out at Uptown Body. We went around to different stations (TREX, squats with weighted ball, steps, balance half-balls, and exercise bands for the shoulders) that had been set up for "Anything Fitness" the previous hour while I was at Laughter Yoga. Good instruction for weights, then we stretched on the mat, no quad stretch.
I took Tuesday off while my quads recovered. Maybe I'll try the Fitness place at Kenyon Plaza next week.
Wednesday is Laura Faria's notable stretch class, a meditative experience  -10 minutes on each leg for the hamstrings. No quad stretch.
Then I went to the Conservatory for a voice class. Christmas carols are big at my parents' house. I need to do my 10 minutes of exercise soon. I am an alto, as I thought, with a range of one and a half octaves. Perhaps I have some damage to my vocal cords - nodes, she called them.
Also, if I can get the grandson Ian to sing, I need to be able to get a pitch. I have a recorder, and pitch pipes are cheap, but I think a "C" harmonica.

No comments: