Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Dance with CCBD

With Joe out of town until Wednesday, I was considering not going, but I got the great offer of a ride and decided I could try wearing being a dance host. I dressed the part, not a skirt, but a dressier version of my teaching outfit which is always slacks anyway, so students can see what my legs are doing.
For an extra treat, dinner was at the restaurant I had hoped to try, Fin in Dennis.  Larry and Carol Kane, CCBD members, have a daughter who is chef/owner and produces seafood, beautifully chosen, cooked and presented.
Dave Burbank's music was pretty good. Mostly not particularly Latin, except "Blue Bayou" which can be a great rumba, and the singer clearly loved the song.
Waltzes crowd the floor, so I avoided them except for the mixer. Leader/followers were pretty even, so I switched out to get a dance with JP and fellow Karen Seiden brought along. Unfortunately, "Amazed" by Lonestar, though a great song, is not actually a waltz.
This morning I actually felt a bit tight in the hamstrings - time for a stretch before any digging.
Yay, Spring!

No comments: