Monday, May 5, 2014

splendid weekend

 People are loving St Barnabas.  In May, the view of Siders Pond out the huge back window is stunning. For the later hours, I improved the lighting with some tiny lights besides the charming floor lamps. If only it didn't take an hour and a half to set up, I'd use it more often. I could pay the custodians $100 to do half of the work, but last March, I didn't even take in $100. This month, I can pay them what the room is worth.
Cinco de Mayo theme means Foxtrots in Spanish! and loads of Samba/Salsa numbers with great percussion.
A Sunday with Ron Gursky always expands my dance knowledge.
Then we went on to see George Gritzbach at the Beach House. And he listened to us and turned down the volume so our ears wouldn't hurt. Nice floor. Great crowd. Dancers who are not intimidfated by people who have taken lessons and join us on the floor with their own moves. It inspires us to make up stuff to add to what we already know.

No comments: