Thursday, July 16, 2015

"National Dance Day"

SYTYCD set up their opportunity for viewers to contribute video, billed as National Dance Day, this year for July 25. Michelle Obama interviewed, so we may get to see her dance again. She likes freestyle, and her dream partner would be Michael Jackson.
I looked online at the two dance routines suggested, a beginner one by Twitch, leader for "Team Street" on this year's show. I guess I wonder if my granddaughter, age 7, would be interested. They chose one of her favorite songs, "Shut up and dance with me."
Travis Wall's advanced (twice as fast) routine was too hard. Generally, Travis Wall is my favorite choreographer because his duets are often stunning. He is leading "Team Stage" which features two male ballet dancers as well as a stunning tap dancer who shone in her two routines this week.
Catch the show on Monday nights, though using the DVR is best as the ads are annoying.

No comments: