Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Back to DWTS - and it's the finals!

A good season, and last night's show was as good as I've seen. Of course, I had to watch it On Demand the next day, today, because the Patriots on Monday Night Football superseded ABC's programming on every possible channel.
I thought I could watch it live stream, but no, not in my area. Just the webcast of chat and a camera on the judges, or the floor from the nosebleed seats, or the red room, no thanks. That webcast is for people who need always to have two screens running.
So, On Demand, not DVR, meaning no fast forward through the commercials.  What I did: the laundry, a shower, weeds for the chickens, etc, and then some rewind.
Opening number, Carlos with a sexy Foxtrot. I wanted to be him, not his side-kick, blond Witney. Bruno got him to use his lats - like Val a few weeks ago - and to use pressure on the floor for better footwork.
Next, the soldier who still can't move his hips for a Rumba, oh well.
Nick's Jive got a perfect score, but I didn't love it.
Bindi's Quickstep blew us away.
Freestyle: Carlos did hip-hop, a crowd pleaser.
Nick's amped up stage number to his biggest hit from his boy-band days, perfect score.
Alec in an army obstacle course, should get votes.
Bindi's duet made everyone including me cry with its beautiful evocation of her beloved father - Footprints in the Sand. 
Finale tonight. Carlos is gone. Bindi has to win, even though Derek is Mr. Mirrorball.

No comments: