Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas on Tuesday

Hey, I think this really fits in with the American lifestyle. Christmas on Tuesday gives everyone the long weekend to prepare and have a great Christmas party before the serious family stuff begins. I used to want the kids out early so we could do crafts together. They never really got into the baking with me - because they're all boys? (I must say they can cook.)
The live music scene is great. We went to see Flipside at Liam's Thursday. They have a bunch of Thursdays there this winter. Minimal dance space.
Johnny Hoy was last night at Grumpy's, not too crowded or loud, and they sweep the floor there these days. Tonight they have Cajun, Buzzards Bayou.
We have to really watch in Falmouth because the schedules are erratic. I know Harry's in Hyannis is reliable, but the rest of the Cape may also be catch-as-catch-can.

No comments: