Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Darn that result

Tried to vote Monday, but got home too late. I would have tried to keep Jake and failed. Would that have been worse?
Disney is employing Evan in their Stars on Ice show, so they have an interest in keeping him, but they don't mind a little drama in putting him down in 5th place. He needs drama since his voice is so dull. I'm enjoying his sense of humor, always delivered in the deadpan voice.
Nicole is still great, but I did expect more bounce.
Erin's outfit was fabulous on top with the fantasy flowers - until you saw the weird purple fuzzy skirt.
The progress of the dancers is certainly nice to see. I was taping over the show with Buzz Aldrin (whom I did not watch) and saw bits of the other dancers, so their improvement was more obvious when I sat down to see this one.
That Argentine Tango really brought out the best in Nicey, Chad and Pamela. Maybe Ron Gursky's claims even work on that level. Ron said it had improved all his dancing, based on his dance partner's observation. His competition partner left for a year, and he did only Argentine. On her return, she said he had improved, and did not believe he hadn't done the standard dances.
One problem with Pamela is that her face is twice as big as her partner's. He has that tiny little scrunched up face with Muppet hair on top. Large faces help actors, I hear. I don't think the messy brunette wig helped her look either.
I looked in on American Idol where they gave Siobhan the end spot and all liked her singing, even Simon Crowell. On that show, you can't vote until you've seen all the contestants, unlike DWTS where people call in their favorites without even seeing them dance.

No comments: