Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Wow

Friday - National Ballroom Dance Week Celebration of Dance sell out crowd.
Saturday - the best Flamenco castanet class ever.
Sunday - ***Dancing with the Bourne Stars***. No calamities.
Much video to edit.
Friends of the Bourne Library made money not just for themselves. People could vote for their favorites using cash. That money went to the couples' chosen charities, so we enriched the community all around.
To me, the important part was that my people had fun and put on a good show. They also learned a lot about dancing. I got compliments on my patience because of my emphasis on basics.
The judges were almost clueless and lost track of their scores, so the final results seemed pretty random, but we knew actual dancing skill was not what the show was about. Bourne people voted for their friends and neighbors, and the applause meter rating went to the couple whose family was seated nearest to the DJ's stand. YAY!

No comments: