Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Splendid

The larger orchestra seemed to energize the show on Monday, and the commericial breaks were shorter.
I loved several of the dances this week, notably Paso Dobles by Chris the wrestler and Hines the football player. The pros look too much the same in that dance, while these men danced like guys who dance.
My viewing schedule was off, so I read the Television Without Pity recap before I saw the show and did not expect much. Pleasantly surprised is a great way to approach an entertainment.
We (Carrie Ann, TWOP reviewer and I) all agree that Petra needs core work because she wobbles.
That reviewer 'hates' Mark Ballas, so did not appreciate the magic show, and her point is well taken, since his celebrities get penalized for performing his choreography.
Kendra is getting whiny. Monday she thought the shortened work week made it harder - though that was the same for everyone. Then last night, she brought out the 'time of month' excuse. First time that's been mentioned on the show.
Ralph's wig looked better, but I think he should have let it go salt and pepper rather than the harsh black color. Karina is growing on me. I didn't used to like her.
Kirstie looks more muscular than the other overweight stars. Then she had a shoe fall off. How does this sort of thing happen? Hopefully she didn't irritate the costume department!
2 more stars. Um...Our cheerful boxer who got voted off and was called the "heart of the show." and.....? (gotta go)

No comments: