Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another FCTV Show: "Dance Venues"

The first summer TV show I have done features places to go dancing on Cape Cod - a personal sampling.
Plenty of footage at Betsy's Ballroom, so I plugged upcoming events there with samples: for First Fridays, Christine Harvey and Steve Burke demonstrating the step she taught last winter; for the upcoming Celebration of Dance September 21, showcase footage of young dancers; and for the Mary French Scholarship Benefit October 19, the MIT ballroom team showcase from 2011.
I got Stage Door Canteen at Trowbridge Tavern, a nice venue on third Thursdays.
The Cape Cod Conservatory lets me host dances in Falmouth once a month - forgot to get footage of my alternate venue, St Barnabas - oh well.
A portable dance floor can be put down any number of places in the summer. I missed footage at Falmouth Town Dance, but got the August evening at Wood Lumber.
A listing of studios and websites might help people get out, too.
In the opening 30 seconds, watch for budding ballerinas, my granddaughter, age 4, and her friend, and in the closing section, my grandson, age 1, as a "really mean tiger".

No comments: