Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Writing on the cell phone

For Christmas, a Samsung Galaxy, a lovely toy and useful for social media, including photos. I haven't really got the hang of it yet in spite of practicing on Joe's phone for almost a year.
Maybe I don't care enough.
I have to say it has altered my routine. I can check email on it and play SCRABBLE more easily, so there is less incentive to turn on the computer.
Here's the problem. I write on this computer. This blog that has replaced my journals gets attention when I am sitting here. I look out the window and the screen stays put. The keyboard is comfortable. Editing is well paced.
Another thing, the tiny cellphone keyboard has a program to guess what I am going to say, offering helpful words. I find myself altering my phrases so as to simply touch an offered word rather than spelling something out. I feel so predictable!

No comments: