Sunday, February 1, 2015

Road Trip RI

Joe took off for the sunshine state, so I went to see Randy and Kathy's new space, a former Gold's Gym. They put in a floor with special cushioning layers - so comfy on the feet. An elegant upper level has showcase and practice rooms, office space, and a balcony overlooking the main dance floor.
Kitchen area offered healthy treats, as well as cake.
Kathy was the perfect hostess on this Country night with plenty of Texas Two-step. "Dang," I said. Never did that dance, and with the low ratio of men in the mixer, I let them take the ladies who enjoy it.
Nice West Coast Swing tunes and Alan Gaskell was there. I asked him for a dance and only after we were leaving did I realize who he was. He taught a Dance Teachers Club of Boston workshop.
Thanks Dawn, for driving!

No comments: