Sunday, April 5, 2015

DWTS again

Sad that people I used to be able to talk about the show with are not watching any more. I need an outlet so here it is, my blog. I used to write about DWTS all the time, but then I sort of ran out of new things to say. But I didn't get tired of watching the dances. I still reference the male teachers when male students claim they cannot get the Latin hip action. Of course, they could. It does take some time and concentration. But those guys don't even watch the show.
Anyway, I was pretty charmed by the Shark Tank guy, Robert something. He seems to be in love with Kim - who wouldn't be? She is dismissing claims of a romance. And there they did a very convincing Rumba. The judges were criticizing his hip action, and he starts a bit of it just standing there, seemingly unconsciously. Looked good. I would probably hate him if I watched Shark Tank.
The music is good this season, too. I've been taking notes on a program outline made up by one of my fellow teachers in Dance Teachers Club of Boston. She made it as a score sheet, but I don't think the week to week scores are meaningful. I love to know what popular culture is responding to, without having to listen to popular radio.
Sorry to see Keo, the South African, go so early again. His partner Charlotte, the model with the huge boobs and nice voice, didn't seem to be concentrating. Off on her cell phone in the middle of practice, lining up other jobs. Doesn't DWTS pay enough? Surely it does. She is the one who was on the video game ads for Game of War that showed up when I finished a move in my online SCRABBLE game.
Mark Ballas is showing an artistic side, better taste than his old ideas like the monkey suits. His partner, the youngest competitor ever at 14, is keeping up well so far, though last week, she talked about trouble breathing - asthma?
The shirtless craze does nothing for me, oh well.
Derek is appearing at Radio City Music Hall and just meeting his partner, Olympic gymnast Nastia, for 3 days a week. She's okay with that, not having given up her place at college for the show. She has to practice with Henry half the time. Does this count as "phoning it in?"
The one I hope leaves soon is the Bachelor guy, with Whitney.
Had to express myself!

No comments: