Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Costumes & Customs

Joe is on a committee with a woman who does not allow her 11 year old daughter to watch DWTS because of the costumes the women wear. So I'm wondering if the glitter and glitz of the show does not always help. There was more of what we can relate to in "Mad Hot Ballroom", Pierre Dulaine's work in several cities, saying, "We hope to inspire children through dance to do well, to respect one another, to be proud."
DWTS teaches celebrities to do a routine, not to dance. Also, the teachers could maybe step back a bit. They don't need to call attention to themselves. I'm getting tired of Max and of Edyta's costumes. Mark Ballas didn't need to do his tricks to improve Sabrina's routine. I was surprised that Jennie's Tango was my favorite. I watch it on tape, so I didn't get a chance to vote for it before the lines closed. I voted for Jane Seymour on principle.

No comments: