Saturday, February 27, 2010

Waldorf kids

Yesterday was great! A wonderful bunch at the Waldorf School signed up for Ballroom Dancing elective.
Five boys and five girls in the 6th,7th, and 8th grades, with one boy under 5 feet and another over 6 feet.
I believe I can thank Will for the good turnout. Although he was the only boy two years ago when they last offered the class, he told me the class was his personal "Cloud Nine".
We did some warm up with basic steps, walked in the styles of Foxtrot, Tango, Waltz, Viennese and Polka. The Pattycake Polka gave them enough triple steps that Swing worked very nicely. In response to one girl's worry, I assured the girls they would be going under their own arms for the Swing turn. Changing partners was no problem for once.
Tomorrow I will have to figure out my camera/computer connection and post the Flamenco dance I did in the evening.

No comments: