Tuesday, October 12, 2010

busy night

With the night off from teaching, we went to see The Social Network, very well done movie, realistic, historic, a bit upsetting to see young people behaving badly. Good for discussion, and I read two New Yorker articles, one about the man, another about the movie.
So - from my tape of DWTS, I saw Jennifer Grey rock the acoustic stage in the round with a brilliant Argentine Tango. Now I believe in her as the winner. Derek must also be a great teacher, though if I magically became DWTS material, I would personally choose Tony.
Audrina focused her eyes much better, but the music was "Somebody to Love" for the Argentine Tango. Why do Jefferson Airplane songs acoustically?
Brandy seems to be working on her comfort zone with Maks, and looked great, though you could hardly see her body with the diaphanous chiffon drape.
Rick Fox's little South American mustache had me convinced when he walked on stage.
Kyle Massey's foot work showed up nicely.
I suppose they want to keep Florence Henderson, but surely they could hire an older dance teacher instead of Corky the ham actor.
Karina calls her partner 'Sich', and she still can't stop laughing, but she said, "He would do anything to keep me safe in a lift." And he did.
I guess the judges are tired of Kurt Warner because they marked him rather harshly.
My choice to leave, looking at the show from a Disney point of view.
Or maybe Bristol Palin who is still uncomfortable.

No comments: