Saturday, January 28, 2012

Night Fever

We learned the line dance, set up with repeated steps and therefore easier than the Saturday Night Fever version.
I have entered into a new phase - starting to remember line dances.
I had done my homework, watching teachers with various groups from all over the world as featured on YouTube: Hong Kong, Texas, etc.
Also, the movie clip 4 or 5 times. BTW, John Travolta said Saturday Night Fever was conceived of as an art movie, featuring a dance phase that had already passed by in NYC. They had to find the clothing second hand at that point.
I caught a subtle bit of irony on the clip after our hero enters the night club where the line dance forms around him. As he is dancing, an anonymous girl faces him and says, "Kiss me!" He obliges, and she goes off saying, "Oh! I just kissed Al Pacino!"
Who would you rather kiss, girls, Al Pacino (Scarface) or John Travolta?

No comments: