Wednesday, September 19, 2012

2 winners

New policy on SYTYCD - one of each gender wins.
And, of the 4 left, the better dancers won, so that was good.
The underdogs came in second - a great result, especially for the self-trained fellow, Cyrus, and the young lady Tiffany, only 19, has a great future. Hard work doesn't end for a dancer.
A great show with favorite routines of the season danced again beautifully. I especially loved the creative Argentine Tango done by the beautiful young man Chehon. The other winner, Eliana, danced an adorable Quickstep. Both seemed tortured by the final moments of waiting for results.
I had to share the TV with American Ninja - "So You Think You Can Ninja" which has the advantage of not having judges, but a very ugly set that we had to see over and over as the young white men put themselves through the same wicked obstacle course.
I have the lovely DVR and could record to DVD, though when I went through old VCR tapes last winter, I found that I just can't take that much recorded dancing.
Isn't some of the beauty of the dance its ephemeral nature?
Like life?

No comments: