Monday, September 24, 2012

CCBD NBRDW Workshops

Went to the workshops in Yarmouth yesterday - 3 hours well spent. A beautiful day, for garden work in the morning, for driving there, and to keep the door open to the lesson room.
Kathy St Jean, finally recovered from back surgery, taught the classes I was interested in. I didn't see Randy Deats in action, but now it's too late now.
The Foxtrot combination was Advanced Left Turn, to Outside Swivels, to Weave. I liked hearing her putting the ladies into better posture and emphasizing the use of the torso.
West Coast gave me a figure for the men in my classes, Coaster Steps to a traveling turn.  Kathy kept saying, "Take this step to your local teachers to perfect it."
2 for 1  Rumba & Cha cha go together perfectly well. Sliding Doors with Cucharacha to a traveling turn. She would have put in Aida if she'd had time.
Randy taught East Coast (patterns), Waltz (Flow, Flow, Flow) and Tango (Sharp and Snappy).
I wanted the Foxtrot and the West Coast, (with Kathy) and then the Tango described as snappy was less appealing, so I missed Randy.
Well run, good attendance, I followed in Foxtrot, led in West Coast and Latin.We changed partners throughout, a nice way to learn. No one objected.

No comments: