Monday, January 26, 2015

Mind/Body Weeekend

Before the really busy season starts, I got myself to Sujata's yoga class at the Cape Cod Dance Center Friday. I can recommend it as she is cheerful, knowledgeable and careful. I still don't like Yoga much. As I say, "Maybe if there was music?" But most Yoga people prefer the concentration to be silent. She spoke of "Bliss vs. Contentment", and hoped we were finding it.
I went on to teach three hours Saturday. Contentment.
Sunday was equally lovely. I started with Dunya's Dance Meditation. Recovered from flu, she had her energy back, so we moved steadily to great music and ended with a meditation on gravity and breath.
Then, our Quickstep class was just hard enough to stretch my brain.
A private lesson did the fine tuning for the all important frame.
On home to pick up Joe, and we went to an excellent Swing band, part of Woods Hole Jazz at the Community Hall. Dance space at the side is enough for Swing, especially since three couples in all used it. Hetty Kate on vocal and Gordon Webster on piano are the charming band leaders, singing tunes from the thirties that should be standards, but are completely new to us.
Bliss.
We bought two CDs and hope to see them again.

No comments: