Friday, January 16, 2015

Startin' back up

I got things going quickly this January - no trips to work around this year.
My dance regulars are almost all there, looking good.
The beginners haven't got it together yet after the holidays, as Mary used to say.
Night School has a nice feel for the rhythms of people's lives. Those classes start the last week of January. I look forward to them - you never know who you'll get.
I just read Len Goodman's (head judge, "Dancing with the Stars") breezy autobiography. He writes how great it is to get a cross section of society in dance class.
I loved his description of the camps by the seaside that the English all used to go to - perhaps still do. They would have contests: ping pong, Miss Lovely Legs, singing, and all, including dancing, so he and his partner cut their teeth against social dancers before going on to win championships. I went to one as a dance camp back in the nineties when my oldest boy attended college in England - Junior year abroad. That was the year of a comet, shining above the hills.
The TV show is almost done - has to be before I start back at FHS tutoring MCAS, also the last week of January.
Took a class in the new software - Wow! The improvements are fabulous. This show will be without the upgrades, no post-filming zoom yet...
Can't believe I forgot to update the website until now, since the beginning of December.

No comments: