Friday, June 26, 2015

Square Dance Shoes 6/25/15

On my expedition to the National Square Dance Convention in Springfield, I inadvertently toured the Eastern States Exposition, AKA the Big E: the horse show,  the states' buildings,  the firemen's show,  until  Double Square signs showed me the way to the RV parking lot where they directed me to downtown Springfield.
Vendors were doing a brisk business in pouffy petticoats, embroidered men's shirts,  and women's dance shoes with round toes and low heels. After an hour and a half, I bought a black pair and ordered a beige pair.
Took a card for a dealer that can order very fancy leather.
Skirts were either very puffy or the generic tiers in Indian gauze. I didn't buy the one nice gored lycra for $140. Didn't buy a Scully men's shirt for $80 (XL ??) because it was too masculine.
And onward to make strawberry rhubarb pie at my mom's house in Stockbridge.

No comments: