Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Roaring Twenties Dance November 14! post from 10/12

The dance I spend the most time on is coming up again after a year off. The Mary French Scholarship Fundraiser Dance, too long a title, hereby shortened to Mary French Dance, will be at Betsy's Ballroom, and we have had committee meetings already.
 Dawn loves the decoration aspect and chose a brilliant theme, Roaring Twenties,  to go with Ron Gursky's showcase, a period piece combining Charleston and Society Foxtrot with touches of Quickstep.
We made props for the photo booth. We discussed period snacks - oysters, anyone? My flyer is ready to copy and hang up around town.
I took time off while visiting my mother in Stockbridge this past week. The Harvest Festival there has an accessories tent, so I bought a feather boa, the green color is not part of the stated theme: black, white and gold. Maybe I should have bought the gold ball gown I saw instead, but it would have taken a ton of work to make it fit.
No Casual Dance for November, I need to concentrate on the Gala!

No comments: