Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Watching people grow 10/7/ post, just discovered

Watching people grow is what teachers love. Working with people for years as I do, I get to see the progression of their dancing. Some take years to get comfortable on the dance floor, and they came last night, ready to play.
I have one brand new student progressing very quickly. If she sticks with it, she could go far.
Another new lady didn't look like she wanted to work at it. Sometimes it's a partner who will keep a person going, and that was a new partnership.
The ones I have known for the longest are my best partners, starting with Joe, of course, since we've been married for 42 years and dancing together in hold since 1987. Another is very creative. I have a favorite to lead, and I have students who remember steps better than I do.
All a joy, and last night was a great First Saturday.

No comments: