Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rockin' DWTS

They love their Rock Show on DWTS. Gives them more scope for all the special effects they have been perfecting.
Certainly KISS fit right into the display. Loved Tom's comment, "Mimes Gone Wild"
In general, the overwrought sensibility makes me tired. Brooke's hair, too.
However, the Paso Doble is an exercise in overwrought emotions, so I could see that dance fitting in.
In particular, Maks and Melissa got the award for costume of the week, classic bullfighter and Spanish gypsy. Go Maks! Overpower that lady! Get killed and lie in a pool of red light! Then Melissa ended up in the hospital with concussion.
Purple Haze for Paso Doble. Did Jimi just turn over in his grave? Donald Driver has the best tattoos ever, like body paint, and he loved how he looked. Got 9s, wanted 10s.
Katherine probably couldn't win with Paso, having to get aggressive and learn a new dance, too. Welsh warrior, who me?(giggle)
Poor Cheryl lost her shoe, danced on anyway, but William lost points for lack of intensity. I really don't get 80's rock music. If I were voting, he'd get my vote because he doesn't either.
Roshon got Viennese Waltz for rock week, so the music was calmer, and they looked like the end of a Disney movie.
Derek got an ugly mohawk - is there another kind? a stupid mohawk anyway. Maria has a stress fracture but won't quit. Her disguise was nerd girl for all the show until she threw off the glasses, plaid skirt and dumpy blouse for a fabulous Tango dress and excellent dancing. The foot didn't even look taped up.
Jaleel is inconsistent, a liitle weird. What was the Mickey Mouse comment about last week? Now is not the time to diss Mick Jagger, either. I don't like Mick's dance style, but the hit song is "Moves Like Jagger", not Moves like George Jefferson.
Gladys did nicely, all I expect, and I loved her dress. I could wear that one.
Gavin keeps trying, even when threatened with duct tape on his mouth.
I guess I'd let Sherri go based on this week's dance, but we shall see!
I'll be watching on DVD/R again since the local coffeehouse has Bucky Pizzarelli tonight.

No comments: