Friday, April 5, 2013

Catching up after vacation

It seems as if there would be more hours in the day since it's just me here.
I haven't touched that quilt I started in January since I got back.
My first action was teaching at the Cape Cod Dance Center, straight from Providence airport to Falmouth and out the door again for a couple of terrific hours. Tuesday was Dance and Stretch - Wednesday a private lesson and a class at night.
I taught 6 hours at FHS, Math this time.
Dancing with the Stars took up some hours, though they were pretty spread out. I have one dance left to watch, YMCA. Dorothy Hamill in pain made the right choice to go last week. This week, I was pleased to see the non-dancer leave. Wynona never seemed to really try. Otherwise good entertainment even with  Prom Night theme. Jacoby Jones is unexpectedly fun.
Last night, Karen and I made the trek to the Zeiterion in New Bedford for Flamenco with Val Ramos Quartet, featuring a fabulous singer and the sister-in-law dancing. I miss Kati. The set up was almost perfect, the "Stage Door" having us all on stage with little tables and Sangria, like a Flamenco club, up close and personal. $25 tickets and they almost sold out, maybe a hundred people. In Seville, the clubs are small, but the stage is elevated enought that you can see the dancers' feet. 
And in other activities, I planted a couple of paw paw trees, goji berry, and sea buckthorn.
I made biscotti and Savannah Lace cookies for the Saturday Dance.

No comments: