Friday, September 25, 2015

CD, CDR, hard drive etc.

As usual in my lifetime, the newer technology is pushing the old technology out.
Now packs of recordable CDs occupy one shelf at Staples, and no special sales either.
I got a bunch at a rummage sale, but I'm not sure they still work!
In case not, I have ordered another set of 50 Philips brand from ebay.
Giving people dance music is important - not with a flash drive, either.


I still think CDs are pretty good. I remember dragging my feet to even start using them!
Last year, I tossed all the cassette tapes - deterioration was evident.
The videotapes are harder. I worked on those. I can put them on DVD, but what about when the DVDs deteriorate? Serious sorting has to happen soon with all my CDs, so why add to the storage shelf in my basement?

No comments: