Thursday, September 17, 2015

This week

DVR was confused whether to record the finale of SYTYCD or the premiere of DWTS. It recorded 17 minutes and then switched to the other one. Didn't ask me. Of course, the dancing is better at the end of a reality show.
On Demand came to my rescue. Two new Travis Wall choreographies included one with (fabulous) Alex Wong. He and Jim  made me cry dancing the conflict of a returning absent father.
Then on Tuesday, DWTS actually did a re-run  - weird, with tweets obscuring the dancers.
Let's see. Gary Busey seems to be a complete wreck and should not stay. Paula Dean is also a mess. Tony Dovolani got another doozy, a Real Housewife of Atlanta, overly sexy and nervous. I don't need to see any of those "dancers" again.
The young man who stopped a terrorist on a French train was a pleasant surprise. I like his pro, Lindsay Arnold, Witney Carson's best friend and fellow former SYTYCD contestant.
Derek's partner is as usual, very talented. More finalist material.
For me, lovely studio classes, all different.
The basics included some sweet teens and another set of newbies who needed to figure out which foot was which. A wedding couple will be married Sunday so I don't expect to see them again. Four others enjoyed the very simple lesson I presented - just fun for them!
My faithful talent are always a joy at 8:00.
Wednesday, the intermediates are coming every week and getting better. What more could a teacher ask for?
Three more private lessons fill the week with interest and good music.
A committee meeting for the Mary French Scholarship Dance tomorrow.
Saturday, the Celebration of Dance in Yarmouth.
Next week, a Dance and Stretch at Night School will stretch my understanding.

No comments: