Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Florida March 2013

On vacation, I still need projects. Exploring the dance venues is a good one, and so far, Joe has taken me to two new ones.
I probably wrote about the Plaza Ballroom a couple of years ago because it is the best venue around. That was Saturday in West Palm, right off the airplane. Great music and sound, great floor, Nice dancers, not too crowded.
BB King's Club in West Palm was our choice for Sunday. The BB King All Stars were an impressive bunch of musicians. Not really enough blues for my taste, but since it was all tourists, we danced hustle and shared the floor. Fun decor and good food.
 St. Lucie Civic Center is a huge and impressive building with several ballrooms. Ballroom 6 was only a quarter full, and had a quarter of a Latin band i.e. a sound machine and a good singer in front with a keyboard and a congo player.  Pretty good for a Monday night, really.
Ramon the Argentinian was a wild dancer, mostly doing a version of samba, and I followed him as best I could. A little old man in a sailor's hat asked my friend to dance, but she is too new to the idea to accept. He didn't ask the tall gal, me, which was fine.
Batches of single ladies danced together or with whoever including the two guys in our party.
Another room had a passover seder, also under attended in proportion to the size of the room, at least so it looked from outside.
Daytime, I read, go over dance notes, play with beads, and ride a bike we rented for a week for $20 from a 97 year old gentleman. I just trimmed a Kaffir Lime tree for the landlady, very fragrant.
Next project, editing this blog so I can print it up. I have been writing it for years. (Thanks, google!)



No comments: