Saturday, March 23, 2013

Jensen Beach by tonight

If I copied my passwords correctly into my little book, I will be able to report on the dance scene in the middle east coast of the sunshine state. My husband has a card for Florida: Tennis by Day/ Dancing by Night. He left out the windsurfing that brought him to this corner of the coastline, the southern tip of the Indian River with wind and flatwater sailing. Occasionally, he goes into the Atlantic, but there are more swimmers, surfers and sharks there.
So far no properties that I might be interested in. In many ways, he would rather rent. His life ambition now seems to be becoming a snowbird.
Meanwhile, I have cultivated the Falmouth corner of the Atlantic coast for 34 years, gardening, raising kids, dancing, and teaching dance for 23 years. My culture is here with this group of friends.
Then when you add grandchildren in Providence or even Dartmouth, well, Florida comes out lacking.




No comments: