Friday, June 21, 2013

Betsy's Ballroom Meeting

Dance 2014 was the agenda for the meeting at Betsy's Ballroom yesterday.  Lestyn, DeeDee Burke, Deb Israel, Kathy who schedules for the facility, Ellen Moran, me, and Doug McHugh with Sabrina who is 17 months and good as gold. Her mother picked her up after a half hour.
DeeDee and Steve aren't holding dances, and she convinced me to come, though I only hold the Mary French Benefit Dance there. It was good to meet with my colleagues.
Lestyn is cutting back and only took four Saturdays.
CCBD continues the First Friday lessons, and the Kathy agreed to close the ballroom to dancing on those Saturdays rather than splitting the pool of dancers. My First Saturdays are considered too far to be make a difference in local attendance. I think it's good for my Falmouth dancers to travel sometimes.
Deb and Doug filled in the rest of the weeks between them, leaving open a very few weeks, like Thanksgiving.
At the end of the meeting, we teachers made a pact to attend each other's dances. I have actually gone to everyone's dances already, but I picked Doug's name, so I can try to get a group together sometime. Lestyn picked CCBD, but she hears bands too much at Roseland on Sundays, so all agreed she could go where ever, and I invited her. Doug picked me, and I hope one of them will come to St. Barnabas. Must find out about the fall!

No comments: