Monday, June 24, 2013

More Arts Alive

Sunday on the Falmouth Library lawn, I started early, helping take down the dance floor before any acts needed the space. The tech lady said the youth enjoyed the floor at Teen Rock Fest, a battle of the bands Saturday night while we were watching Danny Banks.
At 2 PM, the Belly Dance Troupe, Isis, was fun and inclusive. The cheerful young woman in purple got the little girls to join them on stage. I like most of the music and enjoyed learning those skills in my thirties.
At 3 PM percussion with Lisa Esperson was another inclusive act, and I got to play clave on a bell and then practice my shakere.
Crafts were stunning. I do not buy jewelry any more, but wool manipilated by Irene Young continues to exhibit new creative twists. A necklacey stretchy neck warmer in multiple colors was irresistable, especially since I had already decided to buy stuff this year. Slumped glass in rainbow colors. People for Cats. A song with the MM Chorus bought me a chocolate snack. Dave's French teacher has made extremely chic gift boxes shaped as tiny women's purses.

No comments: