Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fallmouth Senior Center

I went to the Senior Center Meeting Wednesday at 2 PM - over a hundred people. That is a regular Senior Center Hour. The 5:30 session was not as well attended.
Seemingly there is talk again of a new larger building. They have been talking about it for 20 years, but they built a rec center and wastewater treatment instead. The seniors think since they are now such a large portion of the population, the numbers will help. Perhaps a corporate sponsor could be found as well, though the corporate sponsors want people who spend money. These seniors are used to their classes costing $1 to $5. The assisted living places being built try to keep the money in house, providing programs to their population and charging hefty fees.
Not much talk of dance. I didn't speak to the camera broadcasting for FCTV. One lady wanted line dancing, which there is at 11 AM Mondays. Margaret Rogers, age 93, is still teaching Tap Dance at 1 PM on Fridays. I was thinking of my dance fitness class, but not between 9 AM and 2 PM, which is a full schedule already.
I put my suggestion on an index card: "Large wood dance floor with partitions and a kitchen".
And I emailed the overworked director. No response yet.

No comments: