Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fitness Directions

I already knew Jana as the wife of a soccer player, so I was excited to see she opened a Pilates Studio in Falmouth. After class yesterday, I felt great, so how can I fault the lack of music? My daughter-in-law the dancer doesn't use music for her Pilates classes either.
The single class price is high at $20, but there were only four of us, so we all got attention to be sure we didn't hurt ourselves. Jana demonstrated the exercises, and then just watched. Also, I wanted to try it out with no commitment. A set of ten classes is only $89.
It's even time to try out the classic Pilates machine, the Reformer, with a personal training session. Fitness Directions is on Worcester Court, 495-6500.
Last year, I felt worse after Pilates at Balanced Health in a class of at least 20. My stretch class at Turning Pointe has fun music, but the emphasis is on the legs, and I am growing fond of core work. Both do well with my back and neck exercises.

No comments: