Monday, November 19, 2007

Habana CD release party in South Yarmouth

Well, we went - and left!
The Cultural Center of Cape Cod is in the old Bass River Savings Bank on Main Street just off Route 28 in South Yarmouth. They were holding DJ events with dance and the floor looked nice online, but we didn't get there.
The Saturday event looked good, 9 musicians. I always have doubts about Latin fusion because it can be really loud jazz, but I called up and they said there would certainly be dancing, so I thought some of the music would be danceable. And Joe had a soccer officials dinner right around the corner, so I could go pick him up and save him from the awards and speeches. And hit Trader Joe's before Thanksgiving.
However, the space was full of chairs. They sold the dance floor space, sold out and then some. We looked in and I told the lady I didn't want to have to sit. The music was also as I had feared, the cacophonous sort, not romantic smooth or steady beat.
We had another invitation, so the evening was not a waste, and my Prius did not eat as much gas as the old Malibu would have done.

No comments: