Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Football again

The DVR was not as smart as I had hoped - couldn't find Channel 22. I went to a search function in order to see the last half hour.
So now I'm "watching" on abc.com. In fact, the streaming is not good enough, so I'll just listen, except for the routines. The judges are mostly better with just audio.
Leah and Tony's Paso Doble showcases a fabulous skirt, and the poses are pretty clear even with the uneven streaming. Maksim Schmerkovskiy says, "Tony does all this stuff with his face, so you need to, or else he looks crazy."
Corbin and Karina full of fire effects. "Hot" says Carrie Ann. Max says three routines worth of material, and it's ok if his butt sticks out, "I have a similar issue". Len said too hot for Tango.

There's another jazz number - Jack & Cheryl. The pros must enjoy getting to do more than those standard dances, and they are the real stars of the show.
Bill Engvall - well, Maksim says, "I don't believe in talent - I believe in hard work." He's sexy and he knows it. I guess the middle aged women vote. Wiggle wiggle wiggle.
Amber Riley - Chuckles Goodman asked she do it again. I watched it three times which is like watching twice if I could see it right. Carrie Ann said it was like a long math equation that Amber solved. Why did Maks give her only a 9? For once, I preferred watching Derek's partner!
Leah in Argentine Tango is still not that interesting. Maks gave it a "different 8" than Carrie Ann and Len's 8. Also, I know because I saw the end, she's the one who goes home.
Corbin & Karina look gorgeous. Then Maks watches Bruno performing his judgement - pretty silly. Maks also calls his ex-fiancee one of the top 5 female dancers of all time, and gets a kiss.
Then we get to the part I saw last night. Jack was great, Bill was better and Amber was still good, but not mesmerizing like the first white glove routine.

No comments: