Monday, April 21, 2008

Note to the 5th Grade Teacher

(A bit of background to those of you who don't know the kids. Owen is the "icky" boy, short, silly, and likes girls.)
Easy thoughts.
Owen is complaining that he doesn't get a connection from the girls,so I said I would talk with you.
Here goes: I don't think it's serious and he has to think of his own dancing more, just like everybody else who complains about partners.
I will address the whole group with that message: "Your dancing is most important, and it will result in good partnering, maybe not right away."
Did you see they added kids to Dancing with the Stars/Results Show? Tuesdays at 9 PM. Last week they had 10 year olds doing Swing (Jive), so I showed my dancers. They are so funny, picking up on a tiny little flirty move in the dance Oooooooo!
Well, partnering does address a central issue in interpersonal relations, for all of us, young and old, married or single.

No comments: