Saturday, April 19, 2008

Warwick, Rhode Island

A trip to the airport gave me back my husband last night. To break it up and give the drive a bit more meaning, I attended the Dancin' Feelin' Studio Party. Randy Deats and Kathy St. Jean run a nice business in what was probably built as a Knights of Columbus Hall only minutes from the airport.
The crowded Beginner Party featured three little lessons, Foxtrot, Salsa, and Cha cha, taught by three different teachers. A nice little group of teachers worked the crowd. One of them even asked me to show a young Columbian the Swing. I then got a nice salsa with him, all just basic the way the natural dancers will do, enjoying the music, not needing anything more.
I congratulated Randy on making money, and he said, "Oh, this is all free for them." But they join the Studio and are expected to take a set of lessons, a group, a party and a private. I didn't get the breakdown, just the Special Introductory Offer flyer. $95 for 1/2 hour private, a group and the party. I call that pre-paid.
The Mary French Studio is too cheap!

No comments: