Saturday, October 26, 2013

Is it Halloween yet?

Our grandson Ian at age 2 and 3 months has taken up stuttering - very cute and I think an effective way to call attention to the importance of his speech. He precedes his excellent sentences with a series of ah-ah-ah-ah-ah. Perhaps H-H-H-H-Halloween!
With the Cotuit Center's Art and Souls party tonight, I scrambled for Popeye's hat and corncob pipe last night, traveling to Hyannis Joke Shop where the saleslady gave me a recipe for ginger jam. Hope it's as yummy as Ginger People's. She just loves the anti-inflammatory properties. For myself, without inflammatory issues, I wonder if I should be eating so much of the delicious stuff. My yogurt with ginger jam and coconut manna has replaced most other desserts.
I had to go to Hyannis anyway to choose white bunny fabric for the granddaughter. I saw it online, but the feel of fake fur is paramount. Thank you, Joann's Fabrics.
Another Halloween sign was the surprise freeze last night. The past few years, no frost before Veterans Day.
But it was light, hitting the marigolds and only half of the nasturtiums, the "ripening" tomatoes not at all.
I'll bring them in anyway, and use them in spite of their lack of taste.
The kiwi are lovely. I picked them the other day because an animal was taking them, probably the black squirrel.

No comments: